There's no denying that social media has become a true aid in finding real estate buyers. Whether you are a well-versed real estate investor and you know your thing, or you are simply fascinated with the prospect of capitalizing on the real estate market and becoming rich, you have to discover the true power of Facebook marketing.
Today, selling your investment property does no longer depend on working with a realtor in your area. Due to the advancements in the digital environment, you can now capitalize on the latest trends and use Facebook to find potential leads willing to buy your property. Best of all, you don’t even have to pay in order to leverage the huge power of Facebook.
Correctly advertised homes on this large social network can give you an unfair advantage over your competitors and can help you get to those “juicy leads” long before anyone else finds them.
According to the specialists in this industry, Facebook marketing is the new real estate trend of the decade. More and more people are able to sell their properties by themselves, by simply promoting them on Facebook. While you can promote your property for free, Facebook Ads also gives you the option to reach targeted prospects. (you can delete this phrase if it doesn’t suit your purposes, or you can use it to compare the costs – Facebook advertising is much more expensive than your $5 boost offer).
How to do it
You can now capitalize on this real estate trend and take advantage of what Facebook can do for you. Here is how to easily market your real estate investment on Facebook and find the right buyers for you.
1. Create a Facebook page: a business page, which can be created free of charge, makes you look more professional and opens up a whole new array of options. Given Facebook’s algorithm, you should post twice a day in order to appear high in the newsfeed. Invite all of your friends to like your new business page and kindly ask a few close friends to help you by spreading the word online and by inviting their own friends. This is a simple process and should not take more than 10 minutes, depending on the number of friends you have in your list.
The Facebook page you create will be linked to your Facebook profile. If you don’t want people to associate these two, remember to post the updates as your Facebook page, not as your personal profile. The page should look professional and should have more cover photos and profile pictures, which you should change once in a while (usually once a week).
2. Create an event: an event gives you the opportunity to engage even more of your prospects and to spark interest in the local community. Create an “open house weekend” event and invite as many friends as possible. Add the event to your Facebook page and use the Manage Sections tab to make the event appear on the main page.
3. Add a video to your page: you can record a 30-seconds video of your property and then post it on your Facebook page and on your event page. The more professional it is, the higher the chances to find the right buyer quickly.
4. Join real estate investor groups: a great way to sell your investment property on Facebook fast is to find local real estate groups. Joining a group is an excellent way to connect with other professionals in your area while finding potential buyers interested in the type of property you have for sale.
To find the best groups on Facebook, go to the search bar and type: “real estate investor groups +your location”, “investor +your location” or “your location + real estate deals for investors”. Spend a few minutes looking for groups and join the ones you like. As a rule of thumb, you should enter groups larger than 1000 people, because groups with less than 1,000 members might not have the reach you need. Nevertheless, the choice is yours.
After you press the +Join Group button, you might need to be approved. This process usually takes less than 24 hours.
5. Post your property on assetcolumn.com: usually posting your properties just on Facebook is not enough. You also need a dedicated real estate investor community that can help you find the right buyer for your property.
After you post your property on our site, sharing it on Facebook is a breeze. Simply navigate to the property you have just posted and click on the Facebook share button. A pre-populated post will appear on your Facebook page. You can then distribute the post to your groups and share it on your event page.